Monday, March 10, 2008

the wonderful world of freelancing

If you have been wondering where I've been since my last post on this blog, worry not: SO HAVE I.

I've been here, in front of my computer, busily creating designs for websites and website elements. I've also been spending time studying several web technologies, one of which is the CMS, short for Content Management System. I don't want to explain what that is, not in this post anyway, since it would probably turn this post into a wiki. Yes, the topic IS that wide.

I also have to make a confession. I've been cheating on you all. I've started a new blog where I post my freelance updates, as well as non-freelance tidbits of my life. It's on

http://h3adrush.wordpress.com

Don't cry too much though, maybe just a tear or three, since I won't be abandoning this blog.

Anyway, what I really wanted to share with you guys is my experience in the last five months I spent as a freelancer. I found this freelance organization on the internet, called www.oDesk.com, that just blows away all the competition. At the risk of sounding like a testimonial, I am telling you that I have never had a single client in my 1 1/2 years as a freelance provider on other sites. But on odesk, I never had to keep telling myself that "my chance will come," because, the chances(plural) just came. And they still keep on coming, at a rate of three interview invitations to bid per day.

Imagine waking up to the tune of "You have been invited for an interview for job #..." every single morning. That should make your day. I know, it makes mine every single time.

No comments: