Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I have seen tonight's eclipse yesterday...


Yes, I have seen the eclipse happening tonight. Yesterday.


No, I'm not clairvoyant, silly. I'm resourceful. I saw the lunar eclipse, as well as the 9/11/2007 partial solar eclipse (from the best viewing location in the world) and other future celestial phenomena using a software called Starry Night. It's a "planetarium" program that lets you see the night, or day, skies at any given instant (read: past, present, & future) right at the comfort of your desktop. In possession of a telescope? You can also hook it up to Starry Night and let the program control the motion and position of your telescope.


Starry Night sells for about $200 but hey, you can't put a price on education. The amount of information inside this piece of software will have Galileo jumping and dancing with glee like a kid on Christmas Morning.


Now, excuse me, I'm off to watch the real thing...


No comments: